Amen. Let's Eat!
Friday, March 28, 2008 Italian Stuffed Portabellos

From the Moosewood collecti on again. I made quite a few changes to this one because of what I had on hand. I can't vouch for the original recipe but with the changes I made these were fantastic. Another favorite.

4 large portabello mushrooms
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 c. minced onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 c. minced red peppers (I didn't have any)
3 T. fresh basil (I used 3 tsp. dried basil)
2/3 c. ricotta cheese (I used feta)
1 c. grated mozzarella
1/4 c. grated parmesan
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 400. Lightly oil a baking dish.

Carefully brush or wipe any soil from mushrooms. Twist off the stems and discard. Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry with towel.

In skillet, warm 2 tbsp. oil and saute onion for 5 mins., until soft. Add garlic and peppers and saute 5 more mins. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a bow, mix together basil, ricotta, mozza and parm, salt and breadcrumbs. Brush portabellos with remaining oil and place them in baking dish. Mound cheese mixture in each.

Bake 20-20 mins. Serve hot.

Posted by Jen :: 9:01 AM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------